Friday, October 5, 2012

I love Paula Deen

The lady sure can cook. And she's funny. Being from the South, I tend to look around her website looking for a recipe or trying to remember one. (The innernetz has saved me mucho dinero on cookbooks.) She's got more ways to fix more things than a normal person could ever want!




She is of the "You can not use too much butter" cooking school of thought. I've taken a few classes there myself. An example of her funny side: the pic below is offered on her website. It's called a butter warmer. I think those things are usually designed to hold about one stick. This sucker is 1 quart! That's called "economy of size," I think.
I've been know to cook. I don't consider myself to be "A Cook." My tastes are mostly simple and very eclectic. I can "do" Greek, Italian, Tex-Mex, Cajun, Southern Fried (yes, I consider that to be a category of cuisine), Chinese and what I call A little of this a little of that and a lot of the other. (that's when I exercise my "creative side")

I've got a recipe an online friend sent me that I'm going to tackle next week. Maybe I'll write about it next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice! Libelous, derogatory and inflammatory comments will be deleted and the poster will be banned. And keep in mind the possibility your language may be offensive to tender ears. We try to keep things "Rated PG13." Thank you.